hyperbole is my favorite literary device i use it like 600 times a day
- Bored, so I decided to reblog and answer questions
- 1. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it?
- 2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now?
- Nope, because I'm not ready to be dating. I haven't actually given much thought to age gaps or what
- 3. When’s the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time?
- When I was with a friend who kept disturbing me but I enjoyed spending time with anyway
- 4. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
- Yes! Just not in a creepy way
- 5. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are?
- 6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today?
- 7. What exactly are you wearing right now?
- A camp tee and comfy bermudas (not exactly glamorous cos i'm sleeping in this anyway)
- 8. How often do you listen to music?
- 9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
- Jeans, but I love sweats more
- 10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2015?
- 11. Are you a social or an antisocial person?
- This is a hard one... I love people and love spending quality time with people but a lot of times I like to be alone/ don't like talking
- 12. Have you ever kissed someone whose name begins with the letter ‘A’?
- 13. What about ‘R’?
- 14. Can you drive a stick shift?
- Like you mean, a manual car? Yep
- 15. Do you care if people talk badly about you?
- Humanly, it's hard to not care. But nope, I stopped caring a long time ago cos I figured I can't please everyone, I can't expect everyone to understand me/ my intentions (and it's not even anyone's fault, cos nobody can totally understand everyone) and definitely, more than enough, God understands my heart and that's all that matters
- 16. Are you going out of town soon?
- Within this year, yes. Hoping to go overseas earlier though!
- 17. When was the last time you cried?
- Two days ago in church
- 18. Have you ever told someone you loved them?
- 19. If you could change your eye color, would you?
- I wouldn't in real life, but just for imagination's sake I would. To a lighter brown? Am I being very boring with my choices LOL
- 20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for?
- 21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having.
- Stomach pains
- 22. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead?
- In the context of a relationship, it would be
- 23. Are you dating the last person you talked to?
- Uh NO, hahaha she's a girl
- 24. What are you sitting on right now?
- My bed
- 25. Does anyone regularly (other than family) tell you they love you?
- Regularly, you mean like everyday?? Nope
- 26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
- Of course! Somebody get me Hyun Bin please hahahaha
- 27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
- 28. Do you get a lot of colds?
- Actually, I think yes
- 29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from?
- 30. Does anyone hate you?
- Probably???? I don't knowwww? Hahahaha. Everybody's got at least one hater, even for no reason
- 31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room?
- 32. Do you like watching scary movies?
- 33. Do you want your tongue pierced?
- 34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
- Huh but i don't wanna delete......
- 35. Did you have a dream last night?
- Yep but I can't remember it
- 36. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
- Last week?
- 37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
- WOW ERM. I don't know hahaha I don't know the future
- 38. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
- I don't know
- 39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
- Nope, it's almost 4am everyone's asleep
- 40. Did you have a good day yesterday?
- Not really, I wasn't feeling well all day and missed school and slept all day and that's why I can't sleep now
- 41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship?
- 42. In the next 48 hours, will you hang out with a girl?
- 43. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you?
- Yes but sadly we're not friends anymore. You don't wanna know how that broke my heart
- 44. What’s the best part about school?
- Friends hehehehehee
- 45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook?
- 46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school?
- Nah we just talk openly or whatsapp each other
- 47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
- 48. Were you single over the last summer?
- 49. Is your life anything like it was two years ago?
- NO WAY
- 50. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
- Sleeping LOL
- 51. Do you hate the last guy you had a conversation with?
- 52. Are you nice to everyone?
- I try my best to be!!!!!!
- 53. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
- I think so? I don't remember hahaha all these "like someone" kinda things were really long ago!
- 54. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?
- YES. It's not normal otherwise LOL why would you wanna cheat on someone you're in a rship with????
- 55. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
- I don't think so, which is bad... I wish I could hide them better. Like if I'm upset especially
- 56. Do you think you like someone?
- Nope I don't even care about getting married or whatever right now lol it's not even the right timing for me now anyway so I'm not thinking about any of those things at all
- 57. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’?
- 58. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys?
- 59. Has anyone of your friends ever seen you cry?
- Yeeeeeahhhhh, really ugly crying HAHAHAHA
- 60. Do you hate anyone?
- 61. How’s your heart?
- 62. Is there something that happened in your past that you hate talking about?
- I think there are some things I'd rather not talk about, but I don't hate to
- 63. Have you ever cried over a guy?
- 64. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now?
- Nobody LOL it's 4am
- 65. Are your toenails painted pink?
- 66. Will your next kiss be a mistake?
- 67. Girls love it when boyfriends cry; correct?
- Nooooo it's weird?! Why would you love it when someone you (supposedly) love is crying!??!?!
- 68. Have your pants ever fallen down in public?
- No LOL
- 69. Who was the last person you were on the phone with?
- Errrrrr who was it....... I don't even remember
- 70. How do you look right now?
- Horrible LOL
- 71. Do you have someone you can be your complete self around?
- 72. Can you commit to one person?
- It should be a norm by the way. (and my answer is yes)
- 73. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to?
- 74. Have you ever felt replaced?
- 75. Did you wake up cranky?
- Only when I'm jolted awake
- 76. Are you a jealous person?
- Don't think so? (Hard to judge myself lol)
- 77. Are relationships ever worth it?
- Worth what?
- 78. Anyone you’re giving up on?
- 79. Currently wanting to see anyone?
- NOPE. Not the right time for a rship, I don't think I'm ready
- 80. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
- Go to school zzzz
- 81. Last person you cried in front of?
- Sis. Wee Eng
- 82. Is there someone you will never forget?
- 83. Do you think the person you have feelings for is protective of you?
- I don't have feelings for anyone!!!!! Why keep askinggggggg
- 84. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now?
- There's no such person nowwwwww
- 85. Are you over your past?
- 86. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex?
- 87. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to?
- 88. If your first true love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept?
- Nope. I already said, it's not the right time
- 89. So, the last person you kissed just happens to arrive at your door at 3AM; do you let them in?
- 90. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated?
- 91. Will you be in a relationship in 2 months?
- 92. Is there anyone you know with the name Michael?
- 93. Have you ever kissed a Matthew?
- 94. Were you in a relationship in January? How was it going?
- 95. Were you happy with the person you liked in March?
- Nooooo succccchhhhh perrrrrrsssssoonnnnnn
- 96. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive?
- Yes, Laiyin is pretty and she has a beautiful heart! But i'm not attracted to her lol
- 97. Who do you have texts from?
- Friends and family
- 98. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say?
- Wellllll I think I would be really sad. I don't know what I would say! Cos I haven't been in that position before and I haven't thought of it yet
- 99. Have you ever kissed someone older than you?
- Like my parents?
- 100. Who’s in your profile picture with you?
- On Facebook, it's one of the kids I worked with during my internship
- 101. Ever kissed under fireworks?
- 102. Has anybody ever given you butterflies?
Monday - Day one of school! Felt sooooo tired cos I couldn’t sleep the whole night AND my stomach was still hurting. I arrived in class and my friends weren’t there yet (and Faiza told me she would be late!). I prayed and asked God to please let me find my friends!!!! And then like a huge wave of relief, they walked in right after! Cannot explain the joy I felt when i saw them, really! Felt so happy to sit in lecture with my friends hehehe. Had lunch with Wan, Daniel and Faiza afterwards and we had a really good chat :) Was able to learn/ understand more about Islam and what my Muslim friends think/ do too! Met up with Arthur and Jonger afterwards at Salted Caramel just to chill/ chat (didn’t feel like crowds that day) and impromptu decided to go to Macritchie to walk around/ take some pics. I love that place. It’s got lots of memories for me, but more importantly, it’s just really serene and beautiful. Love being around nature and I got to recharge! :) Also the turtles there were so cuuuuuute!!
Tuesday - Day two of school and missed it. Couldn’t sleep the whole night again, woke up with a migraine and still, a hurting stomach. Best news all day : Lim Xinyi (who came to play badminton with us on Fri) took Feng Xinyi’s hands today and told her that she needs God. I was so encouraged to hear it from her and got her to find out more about what LXY meant and to share the gospel! So thankful she got the chance to sow the seed!! :)
Finishing up my post on last week!
Wednesday - dressed up a little and went out to celebrate dad’s birthday! At night, Cheryl came over and passed me the letter I’d written to my 21 year old self 5 years ago in IJ (when I was 16). We chatted, watched some music videos and then went for ice cream! Really enjoyed spending such simple quality time :) Opened up the letter when I was back home, and it was pretty surprising reading what I’d written in there. I’d thought that as a 16 year old, I was pretty much lame and didn’t know what I was doing with my life, but apparently I had some idea (?!) hahaha. It’s even more amazing how God used it to encourage me at that very point in time with something I’d written 5 years ago.
Thursday - I slacked at home all day (yay) and went out for facial for a while before going to Cheryl’s condo for a swim at night.Fun fun fun and really enjoyed getting some exercise while spending time with her! Feelin’ old LOL cos I used to be able to swim 10 over laps without feeling tired but now 200m and I’m like zzzzz ok done
Friday - Met up with Xinyi, Angelane and Xinyi’s friend Avril who received Christ at 180 for badminton!! Xinyi also brought along a contact (Lim Xinyi). It was really a great time getting to know them and playing badminton together :) Agreed to meet up Kbox after their exams too. We were gonna have dinner afterwards, and decided on Macs. Was originally gonna eat at the one near the library, but decided to go to the one at TPY Central cos Lim Xinyi was walking there to take a bus. On the way there, we bumped into Feng Xinyi’s cousin Adelyn (who came as a visitor to our net once) and she followed us to Macs. I was chatting with Avril about dramas and random stuff, and kinda heard a little bit of Xinyi and Adelyn’s convo while Avril was looking for something on her phone (to show me). Halfway through waiting for Avril to show me something, Adelyn asked me if she could ask me something. She cried while we were talking and I found myself ministering to her etc (won’t go into details) in Macs… I’m really amazed at how God brought us to that point. She really needed someone to talk to/ ask for advice from and though I’m not the best or anything God brought her to me - if we hadn’t decided to eat Macs, and then decided to walk to the other Macs we wouldn’t even have met her on the way. Avril had also been listening the whole time - I later checked with her on her thoughts and feelings on what she heard and she told me that she felt a very strong feeling/ presence. I was really encouraged and thankful to God for using me to touch the hearts of these two girls even though there are so many reasons for Him to use others instead of me. An impromptu decision - Avril came to DOHP with Angelane, Xinyi and I. She raised her hands during worship even though she didn’t know what it meant - she just felt like it, and that there was a really strong good presence of God during worship (she said). Very thankful for the opportunity to share with her about worship, prayer and discipleship that night!
Saturday - I was really tired that morning cos didn’t have a good sleep the night before. Went to serve on consol for the two services and was really thankful that it was worth it because I witnessed salvations and was able to interact with the visitors. Went for dinner with Celtic afterwards and really enjoyed the good conversations etc with them. It’s been 3-4 years but we’re still going strong and I’m super thankful for the great friendships that emerged from the group. During the time that night I was able to catch up with them and see how God has truly worked in our lives and how everyone has grown since the initial celtic days. Also got a pressie from a friend on Sat!! Nice surprise and feeling really blessed :)
Sunday - Felt REALLY unwell in the morning, my stomach was hurting all night and it got so bad when I woke at 8 that I felt like puking and ended up lying on the floor cos I couldn’t move. However, I was so thankful for all the encouragements and prayers from everyone - everyone who texted me and wished me to get well soon, I truly felt loved and I didn’t feel so alone in my suffering because of such simple gestures! Made my way to Tampines for worship rehearsal in the noon cos my stomach hurt less by then, and then stayed for evening service. Before service started my stomach started hurting again, so Ivan bought panadol and water for me (so thankful!!)… and so so glad that I stayed on for service cos I felt well enough during worship to really praise God without struggling with the pain. It started hurting again after worship, but the word was really good and I really received a lot that night. Was so so touched by God, and even though it was painful and difficult, it was truly worth it and a great end to my summer break (cos school starts the next week!). On the way down to catch the bus, I had a quick chat with Odelia (the younger one in my reg) and managed to teach her how to pray (cos she told me she doesn’t know how to). It’s pretty amazing cos while I was talking to Adelyn on Fri God told me to look at Romans 8:26 and then she told me she didn’t know how to pray - so I showed her the verse! Then when Avril told me she didn’t know how to pray during DOHP I showed her the verse too cos I remembered showing it to Adelyn earlier. Now I was able to show it to Odelia too! God truly knows what we need ahead of time and gives us His word to help us and to minister to His children :) When I was home, had a good time chatting with a friend for a while over the phone. Shared testimonies and encouraged each other about the goodness of God :)
Sometimes we can’t see why something we really wanted to happen didn’t happen… But somewhere down the road He will show you how it was the best for you at that point in time. Take heart 🙆❤️
It’s funny how after typing this message out for a friend I looked at what I said again and remembered how it was just slightly over a week ago when I was kinda discouraged by some things that happened in my own life. At that time, I kept fighting to push through the thoughts/ feelings of giving up because I KNEW which way I should go, but it was a battleground in my mind. It was just difficult to keep persisting because I was frustrated, sad, and kinda disillusioned. I’m thankful I was able to speak about it with two of my bestfriends about it (briefly with one, told everything to the other) - it was so helpful that I could be accountable about it and that I could put in place something that would prevent me from making bad decisions/ pull me back should I ever waver. (Really thankful for the sense I still had LOL and the Holy Spirit pushing me in the right directions and for Chew Min for listening and encouraging and praying for me). I find there is so much truth in what I said in the text quoted above, funny how on hindsight it looks even more real in my life.
We all want to be liked.
There’s nothing wrong with that. But as we travel the path toward love and acceptance, let’s take a look at two of the possible motivations behind people-pleasing.
One motivation is to give love out of the kindness of our hearts. In giving love, we feel love. That’s good.
Another motivation is to give to others out of what we hope to get in return — love. In getting love from what we do, we feel desperate to do more to get more. That’s dangerous.
It’s this second motivation that gets us into trouble with people-pleasing. It’s not wrong to want to make others feel loved, happy and pleased. But if we are doing it with the motivation of getting love and things in return, we set ourselves up for trouble.
Being in a constant state of trying to get love by doing more and more leads to exhaustion.
Exhaustion for the giver. Exhaustion for the taker. Exhaustion for the relationship all together.
Ephesians 5:8-10 says, “… for at one time you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.”
Wherever we focus our attention the most will become the driving force in our lives.
The more I focus on trying to figure out how to please people, the more of a magnified force people-pleasing will become in my life. The more I focus on trying to figure out how to please God, the more of a magnified force He will become in my life.
My focus. My choice.
Dear Lord, help me break away from my people-pleasing tendencies with wrong motives. Guide me in my daily decisions as I battle fear, skewed intentions and unrealistic expectations. I want to make You the focus, Father, so that You continue to become the magnified force in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
(Proverbs 31 Ministry)
- Text shared in the girls’ chat by Christina! Felt this had a lot of truth and is a very much needed word for many today (including myself!) so decided to share it here :)
Sunday night was difficult. I had stayed up doing my assignment and there were some things that happened that day that made me feel quite upset and troubled.
I woke up on Monday morning still feeling kinda down (happiness level 1…?) but I’m really thankful the Holy Spirit was still nudging me to choose joy regardless.
Monday morning I woke up really early, and went to school to submit my assignment at about 1pm (it was due 3pm). Was really happy cause I didn’t have to rush the assignment and I submitted it in good time! That feeling of freedom was so liberating! -> Movie with mom (Guardians of the Galaxy) -> Met up with a friend to catch up and had a good time chatting -> That same friend put an end to my year-long deliberation to buy myself that pair of white chucks (Amazingly, God directed me to BHG to look for a pair to buy even though I had tried them on at the Converse shop, and found the same pair for 20% off!!) -> Dinner with NUS friends (to my surprise, it was KOREAN! and it was delicious and we had good conversations) -> Marble Slab ice cream treat from Ah Tan (Jason) -> Stood in a circle LOL and chatted -> Went home together -> Watched EXO Showtime on my laptop over supper hahahaha
Monday Christina also texted me and through what she said I knew God was watching out for me through my friends too even though I didn’t know it. It was really encouraging.
Tuesday morning I woke up feeling different (happiness level 3…?). Watched more shows on my laptop (cannot explain how this simply makes me happy LOL) -> Ate the Korean lunch mom cooked -> Packed my room (it’s so empty and neat now!!!!!) -> Ended up shopping for facial products while waiting for Chew Min (cos she was late haha) and also bought dad’s birthday present in there! Super happyyyyyyyyyy with my buys!!!! I don’t know why I’m so hesitant (I usually think about it for a long time lol) to spend above 40 on anything for myself but when it comes to face stuff I just spent 120 one shot like that. BUT STILL FEEL SO HAPPY!!! AND EXCITED TO TRY!!!! Loving myself is loving my skin hehehehehe -> Sat outside a cafe and had a HTHT with Chew and also talked about random girly things like facial products and all haha -> Went grocery shopping together -> Met Laiyin and Esther to go to my house and we made gimbap, cooked ddeokbukki and watched RM on my laptop complete with kimchi -> Showed them some polaroids and old photos -> Tried all my new facial stuff while I fished up my Korean show and slept early!
Tuesday Cheryl Seow texted me and told me she was thinking of meeting up with me (before school starts, for supper on Tuesday night itself haha)! And Chew Min texted me some encouraging texts and another friend too and Jasmine sent me some really encouraging pics and thanked me for being a part of her life and how God used me to speak to her……. all these small things were really encouraging to me even though they were just texts. I genuinely appreciated every one.
Wednesday morning I woke up feeling GREAT (happiness level….8?). I literally woke up smiling and rolling around in bed hahahaha. The weather was great (IT WAS GREAT SINCE MONDAY! Cannot emphasize enough how important weather is in determining the mood haha I get kinda grouchy when it’s really hot but when it’s chilly I feel like my life is complete - haha ok I’m exaggerating but yknow what I mean), I touched my face and felt happy HAHA cos I got reminded of my new babies AND my face felt different today, like in a greatttt way. I got to wake up when my body decided to wake up, my room is neat and it’s chilly cos of the weather, and my dad is back in sg today! It’s his birthday! :)
Wednesday (it’s only 1pm now) Janice sent me a message and told me how she was thankful for something I did - something I had almost regretted doing on Monday actually, but I’m glad I did cos God used it to speak to her and helped her! Got a good morning text today from another friend too hahahaha (so random)
Even though the week started off on a low note, I’m thankful to God for how He continually guarded me and put people and small things in my life this week that He knew would make me cheer up and see His goodness in my life. :)
I don’t know how to comment on my own post to reply comments haha
sweeetstache - I’ve never watched that before!! But I’ll watch it next time :) Thanks for recommending! I really loved Secret Garden and Nice Guy cos the scriptwriters and production/ directing team really did a good job in both. The actors in Secret Garden really suited the characters and the emotion portrayed in Nice Guy is very real, especially in that one scene in one of the later eps (which I won’t spoil for you here) - just watch Song Joong Ki’s face! There are no words but the emotion all comes through. If you’ve got time you can try catching these 2 dramas :)